Victoria Carr-Brendel (born 1964, US citizen) was appointed Group Vice President Cochlear Implants and President of Advanced Bionics in April 1, 2019.
She is an accomplished medical device executive with vast experience across several therapeutic areas, in both 510K and PMA devices. She started her career as a scientist in research and development, and took on increasingly larger business and management roles throughout her career. Before joining Sonova, she worked for JenaValve Technology Inc., a global and innovative transcatheter heart valve company, where she became CEO in mid-2015. Prior to that, she worked at Boston Scientific in roles spanning R&D, project management, franchise general manager/general manager for the neurovascular, electrophysiology, and peripheral interventions divisions, and the Bayer acquisition.
Victoria Carr-Brendel holds a Ph.D. in microbiology and immunology from University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Board member at MDMA (Medical Device Manufacturers Association)
Holdings as per 31.03.2022
- Shares1): 474
- Performance Share Units: 2,206
- Restricted Share Units: 474
- Options4): 17,603
1) Shares are dividend entitled with full voting rights.
4) SARs were granted instead of options (SARs grant the right to participate in the appreciation of Sonova shares without issuance of shares). For further details see also Note 7.4 in the consolidated financial statements.