Gregory (Greg) Behar (born in 1969, Swiss citizen) has been a non-executive member of the Board of Directors since 2021.
He has been the CEO of Nestlé Health Science, a global leader in the science of nutrition, since 2014 and a member of the Nestlé Executive Board since 2017. From 2011 to 2014, he was President & CEO of Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. (USA). Prior to that, he held various leadership positions with Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Germany), Novartis AG, and Nestlé SA.
Besides this and on behalf of his employer, Nestlé Health Science, he holds a board seat at Seres Therapeutics Inc. which is a strategic investment of Nestlé. This is therefore not considered to be an additional external mandate since managing the strategic collaboration with this investment – such as joint product development, license agreements etc. – forms part of Greg Behar’s day-to-day activities as the responsible executive at Nestlé.
With his broad international business and executive experience in the healthcare industry as well as his strong track record in leading successful global businesses, Greg Behar brings valuable insight to the Board of Directors.
Greg Behar earned an MBA from INSEAD, France, a Master of Science in mechanical engineering and manufacturing from EPFL Lausanne, Switzerland, and a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from the University of California in Los Angeles, USA.
- CEO of Nestlé Health Science
- Member of the Board of Directors of Seres Therapeutics, Inc. (mandate held at the direction of Nestlé as part of his role as CEO of Nestlé Health Science)
Meeting attendance during the financial year 2021/22
- Regular Board of Directors meetings: 46) out of 5 meetings attended
- Additional calls of the Board of Directors: 56) out of 6 calls attended
Holdings as per 31.03.2022
- Shares: -
- Restricted Shares1): 479
1) These shares are subject to a restriction period which varies from June 1, 2022 to June 1, 2027 depending on the grant date. For further details see also Note 7.4 in the consolidated financial statements.
6) As of the 2021 AGM one BoD meeting was attended by the former members of the Board of Directors as guests (i) Beat Hess who reached the age limit of being a member of the Board of Directors and (ii) Michael Jacobi who did not stand for re-election at the 2021 AGM.