Lukas Braunschweiler (born 1956, Swiss citizen) was the CEO of the Sonova Group from November 2011 until March 31, 2018. During a transition period, he gradually transferred his duties to Arnd Kaldowski who joined the Sonova Group in October 2017 as Chief Operating Officer. Before joining the company, Lukas Braunschweiler was CEO of the Swiss technology group RUAG. From 2002 to 2009, as President and CEO, he headed the Dionex Corporation. The California-based company, active in the life sciences industry, was listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange. Previously, from 1995 to 2002, he held various group executive positions in Switzerland and the US, for Mettler Toledo, a precision instruments manufacturer.
Lukas Braunschweiler brings broad CEO experience from a variety of companies and industries. Having served as CEO of Sonova from 2011 to 2018, he has not only a comprehensive knowledge of Sonova as a company and its business but also a broad experience in the global hearing aid industry.
Lukas Braunschweiler received a Master of Science in analytical chemistry (1982) and was awarded a Ph.D. in physical chemistry (1985) from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Tecan Group AG
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Schweiter Technology Group
- Member of the Board of Directors of Sulzer Ltd.
- Member of the Board of Directors of private, non-listed BURU Holding AG
- President of Swiss Management Association SMG
Meeting attendance during the financial year 2019/20
- Board of Directors meetings: 5 out of 5 meetings attended
- Board of Directors calls: 4 out of 4 calls attended
Holdings as per 31.03.2020
- Shares1): 22,686
- Restricted Shares2): 1,757
- Restricted Share Units: 4,328
- Options: 123,189
1) New member of the Board of Directors since June 2018.
2) These shares are subject to a restriction period which varies from June 1, 2020 to June 1, 2025 depending on the grant date. For further details see also Note 7.4 in the consolidated financial statements.