NOTE: This overview summarizes certain provisions of the portfolio of benefits which employees can receive at Sonova headquarters. If there is a difference between this overview and employee contracts, the contracts will govern. The information in this overview does not represent a contract with any employee. Sonova reserves the right to amend or terminate any of these benefits at any time.
Sonova Careers - A single sound can transform lives
At Sonova, we promote an environment in which work is much more than just a job. We believe that there are two factors that determine a successful day-to-day working life: performance and happiness every day. In other words, we don’t just get the job done – we have fun doing it!
We actively promote this through numerous initiatives suited to the respective place of work. Our service portfolio for employees at the head office in Stäfa comprises the following four areas:
Our aim is to enable our employees to harmonize their working and personal lives and we support this through:
Flexible working arrangements
Sonova is part of the cross-divisional Work Smart Initiative, which aims to actively promote flexible working models. We support working arrangements such as part-time work, job-sharing, trust-based working hours, and home offices.
We offer our employees at least 22 days of annual leave – up to 30 days depending on their age. In addition to this, employees are given a company vacation period between Christmas and New Year. Sonova also allows its staff to apply for unpaid leave.
Being healthy and active, efficient and motivated and having a zest for life: This is the meaning of Body&Mind, Sonova’s Group-wide health initiative. The four pillars of exercise, relaxation, nutrition, and medical care form the core of the initiative. Sonova regularly carries out specific activities for each of these four areas:
- Sports events such as ski weekends, bike tours, and squash and badminton nights
- Groups for 11 different types of sports ran by employees and external coaches
- Sports changing rooms with showers are provided
- Yoga and pilates
- Sauna and swimming pool
- Medical massages
- Extensive breakfast and salad buffet
- Free apple every day in the winter months and every Monday during summer
- Health, calorie, and juice weeks
- Free flu vaccination and medical check-up
- Emergency care (treatment and training)
- Addiction counselling (e.g. on how to give up smoking)
As a family-friendly company, we actively support the compatibility of having a career and a family. We therefore support parents with the following services:
Employees’ children can attend our “Gwunderfitz” day care center, located right next to Sonova’s head office in Stäfa. The center is managed by the Verein Arbeitgeberkrippen association.
Paid maternity leave
For the duration of their statutory 14-week maternity leave, mothers receive 100% of their contractually agreed gross salary that they were receiving before the birth.
We promote sustainable mobility with a range of services:
- Generous financial contribution to the ZVV BonusPass
- Free annual bike check-up
- Company participation in the “Bike to Work” initiative
- Employees are made aware of the issue of mobility and informed about the latest trends and opportunities in relation to the topic at annual Smart Mobility days.
We are proud that our services meant that we were able to increase the proportion of employees at our head office in Stäfa who commute to work using public transport from 40% to 60% over the past ten years.