- Strategic direction and management of the corporation
- Approval of the policy and the strategy of the Group
- Establishment of the organization and enactment of management regulations
- Structuring of the accounting, financial controlling as well as financial planning
- Appointment and removal of the Management Board and other key executives
Robert F. Spoerry (born in 1955, Swiss citizen) has been Chairman of the Board of Sonova Holding AG since March 30, 2011 and a non-executive member of the Board since 2003. He is also Chairman of the Board of Mettler-Toledo International Inc., a leading global manufacturer and marketer of precision instruments and related services for use in laboratory, manufacturing, and food retailing applications.
Robert F. Spoerry joined Mettler-Toledo in 1983 and was Chief Executive Officer from 1993 to 2007. He led the buyout of Mettler-Toledo from Ciba-Geigy in 1996, and the company’s subsequent Initial Public Offering on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 1997. In 1998, he was nominated Chairman of the Board.
Robert F. Spoerry graduated in mechanical engineering from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) in Zurich, Switzerland, and holds an MBA from the University of Chicago.
- Chairman of the Board of Mettler-Toledo International Inc.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Geberit AG
- Member of the Board of Conzzeta Holding AG