Investors - Poised for sustainable success
|in 1,000 CHF unless otherwise specified||
|change compared to previous year (%)||15.6||1.8||4.3||8.7||10.8|
|change compared to previous year (%)||20.1||(0.9)||3.5||8.1||12.1|
|in % of sales||68.9||66.4||68.2||68.7||69.1|
|Research & development costs||137,134||130,255||130,897||125,657||113,884|
|in % of sales||5.7||6.3||6.4||6.4||6.3|
|Sales & marketing costs||810,988||638,240||613,217||589,627||559,077|
|in % of sales||33.9||30.8||30.1||30.2||31.1|
|Operating profit before acquisition-related amortization and impairment (EBITA)||481,441||430,632||455,564||430,109||385,304|
|change compared to previous year (%)||11.8||(5.5)||5.9||11.6||22.2|
|in % of sales||20.1||20.8||22.4||22.0||21.5|
|Operating profit (EBIT)||442,120||403,437||429,069||404,030||359,175|
|change compared to previous year (%)||9.6||(6.0)||6.2||12.5||24.8|
|in % of sales||18.5||19.5||21.1||20.7||20.0|
|Income after taxes||371,484||345,847||368,323||347,382||307,745|
|change compared to previous year (%)||7.4||(6.1)||6.0||12.9||24.9|
|in % of sales||15.5||16.7||18.1||17.8||17.1|
|Number of employees (average)||12,802||10,697||9,960||9,175||8,709|
|change compared to previous year (%)||19.7||7.4||8.6||5.4||9.3|
|Number of employees (end of period)||14,089||10,894||10,184||9,529||8,952|
|change compared to previous year (%)||29.3||7.0||6.9||6.4||8.9|
|Net working capital5)||169,706||185,459||181,379||190,571||187,148|
|in % of sales||7.1||9.0||8.9||9.8||10.4|
|Capital expenditure (tangible and intangible assets)6)||97,120||83,051||88,735||93,918||82,354|
|in % of sales||105.9||77.6||73.2||75.0||81.1|
|Equity financing ratio (%)8)||54.2||69.3||69.5||68.4||61.2|
|Free cash flow9)||(232,615)||252,573||308,700||288,618||262,370|
|Operating free cash flow10)||424,847||344,212||366,385||318,430||318,553|
|in % of sales||17.7||16.6||18.0||16.3||17.7|
|Return on capital employed (%)11)||20.4||26.0||29.1||27.7||10.4|
|Basic earnings per share (CHF)||5.58||5.11||5.37||5.08||4.60|
|Dividend/distribution per share (CHF)||2.3012)||2.10||2.05||1.90||1.60|
1) Excluding one-time costs of CHF 18.4 million, consisting of transaction cost and integration related restructuring costs in connection with the acquisition of AudioNova. Balance sheet related key figures (including respective ratios) as reported.
2) Restated following the implementation of IAS 19 (revised).
3) Excluding one-off cost, mainly related to the increase of the product liability provision within the cochlear implants business. Balance sheet related key figures (including respective ratios) as reported.
4) Cash and cash equivalents + other current financial assets (without loans) – current financial liabilities – non-current financial liabilities.
5) Receivables (incl. loans) + inventories – trade payables – current income tax liabilities – other short-term liabilities – short-term provisions.
6) Excluding goodwill and intangibles relating to acquisitions.
7) Equity – net cash.
8) Equity in % of total assets.
9) Cash flow from operating activities + cash flow from investing activities.
10) Free cash flow – cash consideration for acquisitions and from divestments, net of cash acquired / divested.
11) EBIT in % of capital employed (average).
12) Proposal to the Annual General Shareholders’ Meeting of June 13, 2017.