Sonova posted new record sales of CHF 709 million in the first half of 2009/10. All regions and brands, as well as the recently launched products contributed to organic sales growth in local currencies of 17.5%. Growth from acquisitions was 4.3%. The EBITA margin increased to 27.3%. Earnings per share were up 22% year-on-year at CHF 2.52. Free cash flow rose significantly to CHF 113 million.
- New sales record: The Sonova Group increased its sales by 18.2% in Swiss francs in the first six months to CHF 709 million
- Market growth significantly exceeded: With 17.5% organic sales growth and 4.3% growth from acquisitions, Sonova further expanded its market share
- Increased profitability: The EBITA margin was increased from 26.5% to 27.3%
- Higher earnings per share: The Group posted a 22.2% increase in earnings per share over the previous year to CHF 2.520
- Top-selling new products: The recently launched Exélia Art, Audéo YES and Passport hearing systems made a significant contribution to sales growth
- Strategic expansion in the cochlear implant business: The Sonova Group announced the planned acquisition of cochlear implant manufacturer Advanced Bionics
- EUHA October 2009: Sonova demonstrated its technological leadership and launched a large number of new, innovative products