About us - Leadership driven by innovation
As a leading provider of innovative hearing care solutions, Sonova aims to make a lasting positive difference for people with hearing loss and those close to them. We have therefore embraced four commitments that define how we work to enhance the quality of life:
At Sonova, we are committed to creating sustainable value for our customers, our employees, our business partners, and the environment. Delivering on these commitments means fostering innovation and working together in teams around the globe, across our brands and business units, and in close cooperation with our stakeholders. Conducting our business responsibly allows us to grow sustainably and confidently into the future.
Arnd Kaldowski, CEO
These commitments affect how we innovate, how we work every day, how we interact with our business partners and customers, how we provide opportunities for our employees, and how we encourage environmentally friendly practices.
We continuously push the limits of technology and innovation to offer the best solutions to our customers.
We will continue to offer the broadest range of technologically advanced hearing solutions to our customers by substantially investing in R&D and by applying for a minimum of 40 patents each year.
- Investment in expertise and training: We continuously strengthen the expertise of hundreds of engineers working in our R&D centers around the world to drive innovation in hearing aids, cochlear implants, wireless communication systems, and professional hearing care solutions.
- Strong partnerships: We leverage the complementary strengths of all our business brands and foster know-how transfer through close collaboration with expert networks and universities around the globe.
- eSolutions: We strategically focus on the development of eSolutions to establish one-to-one, real-time relationships with our customers.
Access to hearing care
We provide access to hearing care and improve the quality of life for millions of people with hearing loss.
We aim to provide access to hearing care and improve the quality of life. By 2020/21, we want to conduct 14,000 hours of Sonova employee volunteer work for the Hear the World Foundation.
- Extensive product portfolio: At Sonova, we offer a wide range of performance and pricing levels, from standard to premium solutions.
- Hearing care infrastructure: By developing new service formats and distribution channels and by supporting the education of local specialists, we can provide hearing care services and treatment to groups who are currently underserved.
- Partnerships: By building productive partnerships and collaborations with local organizations, we can offer the fullest benefit of our skills and services to the people who need them.
- Foundation: Affordable hearing care is still a challenge for people in countries with low-to-middle income and for underprivileged social groups in countries with high income. We cater to these groups through the charitable Hear the World Foundation.
Investment in people
We support the development of our employees and offer a flexible and inclusive work environment. We act responsibly towards and communicate openly with all employees and partners.
We will achieve >35% female representation in upper management by 2022/23.
- Professional career development: We develop our employees to higher levels of success with a systematic talent management process including a strategic approach to training, succession, and career planning.
- Employee engagement: We foster employee engagement through a holistic Diversity & Inclusion strategy and other initiatives, such as the group-wide Body & Mind initiative.
Safeguarding the environment
We ensure eco-efficient practices across all our business activities.
We aim to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions in relation to revenues by 30% by 2022/23.
- Operational energy efficiency: We reduce our carbon footprint by fully utilizing capacity, renewing equipment, remodeling existing buildings, or moving to new buildings.
- Alternative energy: We generate power using renewable sources and purchase green power.
- Environmental management systems: We have established a ISO 14001-certified environmental management at all our key manufacturing and distribution centers and urge our suppliers to follow the same standard.