About us - Leadership driven by innovation

Hearing technology since 1947

Sonova headquarters in Stäfa, Switzerland 

Since the founding of “AG für Elektroakustik” in 1947, the Sonova Group has been able to sustainably gain market share and create added value for all its stakeholders. This is the result of constant development of the innovative product and brand portfolio and continuous professionalization of the distribution network.

In the area of hearing aids, the Sonova Group has relied successfully for years on a market-oriented, diversified brand and product portfolio. At Sonova, we now offer our customers with our brands Phonak and Unitron the most comprehensive and highest-quality range of hearing aids in the industry. Our Group intends to continually expand its leading market position in this business area supported by the fast growing international professional service network of hearing care providers under the roof of our Connect Hearing brand.

In the hearing implant sector, our Group was able to expand its product offering to include cochlear implants through the acquisition of Advanced Bionics in 2009. This business area, which is still relatively young, will benefit significantly in the future from the current state of technological development and from the sales expertise acquired in the established hearing aid business.

Sonova Holding AG was formed on August 1, 2007, from Phonak Holding AG. It is now the only company to combine such comprehensive technological expertise in the area of hearing instruments and hearing implants under one roof.